Low Sugar Holiday Cookie Recipe
We all love holiday cookies… However, we love guilt-free cookies even more! Check out this delicious recipe that the whole family will love.
- 1 cup apple sauce
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 6 dates
- 60g melted butter or coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 Cups flour (can use gluten-free)
- 1 Cup ground almonds
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1-2 teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ – 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp mixed spice
How to make them:
1. Add the chia seeds to the apple sauce and leave to sit for 20 mins.
2. After the chia seeds have sat in the apple for approx 20 mins and have begun to gel, add the dates, melted butter, and vanilla to a food
3. Mix well. It should form a smooth paste.
4. In a bowl, place all the remaining dry ingredients
5. Use a fork to mix all dry ingredients together
6. Add the wet ingredients from the food processor to the dry ingredients
7. Combine using a wooden spoon
8. Pour the mixture onto a board with some flour on it.
9. Knead the mix until the dough becomes smooth
10. Roll out to 5mm thick and cut into any shapes you want
11. Place cookies onto a baking tray
12. Bake at 320 F for 15-25 mins.
13. Cooking time will vary depending on the size of the cutters used.
990 Highland Drive, Suite 314 Solana Beach, CA 92075
Monday : 8:30 AM - 6:30 PM (Entrainments: 10-12PM & 3:40-6PM)
Tuesday: 9:30 AM - 4:30 PM (Entrainments: 11AM-2PM)
Wednesday: 8:30 AM - 5:30 PM (Entrainments: 10-12PM & 3:20-5:20PM)
Thursday: 10:30 AM - 6:30 PM (Entrainments: 12-1:20PM & 3:40-6PM)
Friday: 9:30 AM - 2:30 PM (Admin Only)
Saturday: By Appointment Only