Women's History Month
March is the time to look back on the many amazing achievements of women in America. The vast strides made towards forming America as it is today, the struggles that were overcome and are continued to be battled in society today.
The public celebration of Women’s History Month as we know it began in 1978 as Women’s History Week in Sonoma County, California. While in 1987 Congress expanded the celebration to a month and March was declared Women’s History Month from there on out. It’s a wonderful time to reflect and educate ourselves on how far many things have changed from the beginning of these celebrations right up to the present day.
In honor of Women’s History Month, we wanted to highlight some interesting facts to proudly celebrate, yet reflect, on the great achievement that women of the US and the world have accomplished.
– Over 60 percent of college degrees awarded in the U.S. every year are earned by women.
– There are 1.6 million female veterans in the United States. Women make up around 14% of active U.S. military members.
– The first person to make the daring attempt to go over Niagara Falls in a wooden barrel was a woman.
– Wonder Woman (2017) was the first superhero film starring a female lead to be directed by a woman.
– Between 1970–2010, the percentage of female lawyers in the United States shot up from 4.9% to 33.4%
990 Highland Drive, Suite 314 Solana Beach, CA 92075
Monday : 8:30 AM - 6:30 PM (Entrainments: 10-12PM & 3:40-6PM)
Tuesday: 9:30 AM - 4:30 PM (Entrainments: 11AM-2PM)
Wednesday: 8:30 AM - 5:30 PM (Entrainments: 10-12PM & 3:20-5:20PM)
Thursday: 10:30 AM - 6:30 PM (Entrainments: 12-1:20PM & 3:40-6PM)
Friday: 9:30 AM - 2:30 PM (Admin Only)
Saturday: By Appointment Only