National Diabetes Awareness Month
National Diabetes Awareness Month – How to keep your blood sugar healthy
1 in 10 Americans has diabetes. However, 1 in 5 may not know they even have it. Getting a regular blood check is helpful to your overall health. However, there are also ways to keep a healthy blood sugar level on your own. Here are some of the best ways to balance your sugar levels and maintain your overall health this diabetes awareness month.
● Eating at regular times with regular intervals is one of the best ways to keep your blood sugar levels healthy throughout the day. However, if you eat irregularly, your levels will fluctuate up and down more than they necessarily should.
● Keep hydrated. Drinking enough water each day will help with your blood sugar levels. Try to replace all sodas and juices with water for the best effects.
● If you feel like something sweet, choose fruit that contains natural sugars rather than processed ones.
● Limit your alcohol intake. Alcohol contains far more sugar than you may realize, which may mean your levels are fluctuating every time you have a drink.
● Balance your carbs with protein and vegetables. Carbs can cause sugar levels to spike, so try to fill your plate with more protein and vegetables over carbs.
Signs you may have low blood sugar levels include:
- Nervousness or anxiety
- Irritability or confusion
Signs you may have high blood sugar levels include:
- Feeling very tired
- Feeling thirsty
- Having blurry vision
- Needing to urinate more often
If you’re worried about your blood sugar levels, a simple check-up can determine the issues you may have. Always speak with a professional if you notice any sudden changes to your health or body. The sooner you do, the sooner you can get better!
990 Highland Drive, Suite 110-Y Solana Beach, CA 92075
Monday : 8:30 AM - 6:30 PM (Entrainments: 10-12PM & 3:40-6PM)
Tuesday: 9:30 AM - 4:30 PM (Entrainments: 11AM-2PM)
Wednesday: 8:30 AM - 5:30 PM (Entrainments: 10-12PM & 3:20-5:20PM)
Thursday: 10:30 AM - 6:30 PM (Entrainments: 12-1:20PM & 3:40-6PM)
Friday: 9:30 AM - 2:30 PM (Admin Only)
Saturday: By Appointment Only