Paleo, Vegan & Gluten-Free Chocolate Cake
January 27th is Chocolate Cake Day, and everyone deserves a treat in January, so why not whip up a healthier chocolate cake for you and your loved ones?
Here’s what you need:
- 1 cup vegan chocolate chips
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1/3 cup coconut cream
- 2 tbsp almond butter
- 1 tbsp flax meal
- 3 tbsp water
- 1/4 cup apple sauce
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- 2 cups almond flour
- 2/3 cup arrowroot starch
1. Preheat the oven to 350 F. Grease two 8″ cake pans with oil.
2. Add the chocolate chips, coconut milk, coconut cream, and almond butter to a pan. Warm over medium heat and stir until the chocolate melts. Set it aside.
3. In a large bowl, combine the flax meal and water. Let it sit for about 5 minutes, allowing it to thicken.
4. Add the coconut sugar and apple sauce. Stir it in.
5. Next, stir in the chocolate mixture. Set aside.
6. Add the almond flour, arrowroot, cocoa powder,
and baking powder in a different bowl.
7. Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients
8. Combine until you get a smooth batter.
9. Divide the batter between two cake pans and place in the oven.
10. Bake for 25 minutes or until the cakes are firm and cooked through.
11. Remove from the oven and allow them to cool in the form. Once cooled, flip the cakes onto a cooling rake and leave them to rest until they are at room temperature.
12. If you like, you can frost your cakes. Alternatively, the cake works great with some organic, non-dairy ice cream
990 Highland Drive, Suite 314 Solana Beach, CA 92075
Monday : 8:30 AM - 6:30 PM (Entrainments: 10-12PM & 3:40-6PM)
Tuesday: 9:30 AM - 4:30 PM (Entrainments: 11AM-2PM)
Wednesday: 8:30 AM - 5:30 PM (Entrainments: 10-12PM & 3:20-5:20PM)
Thursday: 10:30 AM - 6:30 PM (Entrainments: 12-1:20PM & 3:40-6PM)
Friday: 9:30 AM - 2:30 PM (Admin Only)
Saturday: By Appointment Only