Eight Facts About Thanksgiving
Thanksgiving is a big holiday here in the US! Here are eight facts about Thanksgiving we bet you didn’t know!
- The Detroit Lions have played almost every Thanksgiving since 1934
- Philadelphia is home to the oldest parade
- 46 million turkeys are prepared on Thanksgiving each year
- Four locations in the US have turkey in their name
- President Calvin Coolidge received a live raccoon to be pardoned as part of his Thanksgiving dinner. He grew fond of her and took her in as a pet instead. He called her Rebecca.
- Colchester, Connecticut, once cancelled Thanksgiving because they couldn’t make pumpkin pies.
- Norfolk Island, Australia, is one of the few places to celebrate Thanksgiving outside North America. It started in the late 1800s when whaling ships began making frequent stops there.
- Thomas Jefferson refused to declare Thanksgiving a holiday.
We hope you have a happy Thanksgiving, filled with love and gratitude!
990 Highland Drive, Suite 110-Y Solana Beach, CA 92075
Monday : 8:30 AM - 6:30 PM (Entrainments: 10-12PM & 3:40-6PM)
Tuesday: 9:30 AM - 4:30 PM (Entrainments: 11AM-2PM)
Wednesday: 8:30 AM - 5:30 PM (Entrainments: 10-12PM & 3:20-5:20PM)
Thursday: 10:30 AM - 6:30 PM (Entrainments: 12-1:20PM & 3:40-6PM)
Friday: 9:30 AM - 2:30 PM (Admin Only)
Saturday: By Appointment Only